Saturday, May 15, 2010

New Activities

I submitted an application this month to another artistic endeavor - The Open Doors Exhibit of Milford. This event is held annually in Milford, CT, by the Downtown Milford Business Association. I will find out if I have been accepted this week. The recycled doors with an artistic flair are exhibited in local sponsoring businesses August 20 through September 12, and then auctioned off September 19, with proceeds split between the designated charity (45%), the DMBA (10%), and back to the artist (45%). Ribbons are also awarded the week of September 12 in four categories - People's Choice, Milford Chamber of Commerce Choice, Downtown Milford Business Association Choice & Milford Fine Arts Council Choice.

Today I also submitted my necklace and earrings for the Manifest Beads Spring Beading Challenge. I did not take pictures prior to dropping it off due to time constraints, so will have to do that after I get them back.

I will be selling my jewelry on Saturday, May 22 at Platt Tech High School in Milford. The Manifest Beading Buddies table has ten artisans, inclusive of myself, participating. So, over the next week I will be preparing for that sale.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to you, keep us informed of your progress.

    ReplyDelete